Ciao! Today I’m going to talk about my absolute favorite lipsticks for the summer time. I am totally obsessed with lipsticks and I would have to say that this is my most purchased makeup product. In spring/summer I love to wear a pop of pink on my lips so don’t be surprised because in this blogpost I’ll go through my top shades of pink that you could ever need for summer. All of these lipsticks are cruelty-free as well because I’m getting into cruelty-free makeup more. So, let’s begin!
1. First lipstick is the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in a shade Melted Peony. It’s a perfect light and bright, slightly rosy color and it totally reminds me of peonies. I also really like the formula of these lipsticks. It feels like you’re wearing nothing on the lips. They are very creamy, comfortable, pigmented and definitely long-lasting. I apply a generous amount, so it does look very creamy at first, but the shine fades as it wears and it turns into more of a satin finnish. The packaging is very pretty, it has a round sponge type aplicator, which I like, but still would prefer a pointed one because it would be easier to apply on my lip shape. It has a nice vanilla scent, nothing overpowering, which I appreciate. You can see how it looks on my lips below.
2. Next one is by Urban Decay and it’s their Vice lipstick in Comfort Matte formula and this shade is called Heartless. It is a little lighter than the Too Faced one and I’ve been looking for this kind of color for quite a long time, so to me it’s just perfect. I’m not a fan of matte lipsticks, but this formula I adore. It doesn’t dry out my lips or accentuate the dryness and looks very smooth. It lasts very long on my lips and It’s very pigmented as well. I highly recommend these lipsticks in general, especially the Comfort Matte ones.
3. This one is the NYX Matte Lipstick in a shade Audrey (20). It looks very similar to the first one on my hand swatches, but they are different in person. This shade is more blue based and the tone is very different. NYX has plenty lipstick formulas and colors and the ones I tried, I love. These mattes have more of a satin finnish for sure, but like I said, I don’t really like completely matte lipsticks and that’s why I love these. Just note that my lips might look dry in this photo because I swatched them all in one day and the lipstick may look more shiny because I put a lot of lip balm underneath this one.
4. Next one is the same Matte Lipstick from NYX, but in a shade Shocking Pink (02). This color is perfectly described by the name, it is an intense bright magenta. This even stains my lips a little, lasts all day though.
5. Last, but not least is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the color Addis Ababa (07). This lipstick is also a very bright, but more warm toned, pink. From my experience, the formula of Soft Matte Lip Creams can be a bit different with each color. This color is more wet I would say and it is super comfortable to wear. It is evenly pigmented. These lipsticks have a light, sweet cake scent, but you won’t smell it once it’s on your lips.
I hope that this was helpful and that you found something new to add to your makeup collection. Until next time! xo